Today is the 38th anniversary of Roe v Wade. Thank you to my wonderful Catholic church for never wavering on any of the pro-life issues. I was a scared, penniless, irresponsible, single 21 year old but the words of my parents and my parish rang strong in my heart when I found myself pregnant. Adopt or raise were the only two options. Never abortion as that is all I heard since I was able to understand it.
So many of my peers were not so lucky to have so many folks that were not afraid to be visibly vocal about God's intention for life. And they have all experienced more pain that you can imagine for the loss of life at their hands. 38 years of the law providing the license to kill; 38 years of innocent life lost and deep pain for so many.
I look at Aley everyday and am grateful that my Church bases its doctrine off biblical traditions and not secular law or popular thought.