Whenever I doubt God's message to me. Or whenever I wonder do I hear him correctly?
I think of these two beautiful boys.
You see Olivers mother is Courtney. Courtney is my dearest friend from grade school. We live on opposite sides of town and have gone years with living in different states. We can go months without talking or seeing each other and in 5 mins catch up and its like we never missed a beat.
When we were in high school, we decided we would grow up, get married, live next to each other and have our kids at the same time. When I got pregnant with Aley, I was in a daze, just going thru the motions. But there was Courtney, throwing my shower, holding my hand, and wondering why our plan wasn't working out!
Fast forward to Aley being in 3rd grade when Courtney was coaching her softball team. She meets and marries the man of her dreams. A single father of two boys.... just a few years younger than Aley. Now we had our kiddos at the same time just on God's time and plan - not ours.
Then Courtney and Joe get pregnant with Oliver. And my heart is swelling for them. But aching all the same, as I am single and yearning for a house full of children. But I am can't help but know someday, somehow, we were listening to God's plan all along!
Five years later, our little kids were finally brought together to play!
And to this day they are just as close as Courtney and I. Garrett was impatient about his birthday after going to Oliver's party. So I shared this story with him about waiting for God's time ~ God's plan. He loved hearing the story!!!
