Friday, December 23, 2011

My Christmas Gift




Garrett asks "Mommy what do you want Santa to bring you?"




I said "A long time ago I told Santa I do not want toys, or clothes or electronics. All I want is love. The love of Jesus Christ, the love of my family and friends. And Santa told me, God has already given you all of these, I'll just take the cookies and try again next year!"




So Garrett now believes I am insane. But it is true! I love Christmas cards. I have a lovely tradition of praying a special prayer for the recipients of each card I send. And then another for each card I recieve. I am sadly too busy to keep up with everyone all year long and that is why this time of the each and this tradition is so important to me. There are so many wonderful and amazing people that have given their love and themselves to me and my family throughout the years. And never would I want an entire year to go by that I did not tell them how much that means to me! And return their love even if it is just a simple prayer.




Merry Christmas everyone :-) I love you!!!!