Saturday, May 1, 2010

Boy #5

While we were preparing paperwork for Garrett's adoption, I studied other family's blogs that were adopting before us. One of my favorite blogs was Stephanies. http://krebskids.blogspot.com/ She had already adopted her first son (Peter) from Ukraine. She herself is of Ukrainian descent and has a cousin who still lives in Kiev. As it turned out they had their SDA appointment the same day as we did. So we were able to meet them in person. They accepted a referral for 3 brothers the day we accepted our referral for Garrett! With 4 boys now, they are back in Ukraine. And just accepted a referral for another boy!!!!

Following their recent travels, I am reminded so much of how exciting and scarry our trip was. Yesterday Garrett has been with us 19 months. Somedays it seems like just yesterday and I realize how far Garrett still has to go to catch up. But other days I can't remember not having him here and am floored at all the progress he has made!