Friday, February 26, 2010

When I First Laid Eyes On Him

Its been almost 18 months since I first met my son. I will never forget. His two teachers were in the hallway with him coaxing him to go in the room - they were telling him something about David. And his eyes were fixated on David. (later the translater said they were saying "go hug the Papa") He did not even notice me turning my chair to watch him. He was so excited! So scared! So happy! So nervous! All in the same look. Boy did my heart melt. He closed his eyes for just a second and looked like he took a breath and ran into David's arms. What a brave boy he was. Just a month later when he and I took his final step out of the orphanage - never to return - he smiled the biggest smile I have ever seen. I am so envious of his fearless trust. Here are our first moments with him. http://www.slide.com/r/0EHGYC2JuD-g3q2BtNBMgRDjdtFO7j5E?previous_view=lt_embedded_url